maggie jayne is a small, sustainable-oriented, contemporary clothing brand founded in 2015 by its namesake Maggie MacCormick. The design studio is based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia and the clothing is thoughtfully produced in Jaipur, India.
maggie jayne pieces are designed to be durable, comfortable, modern uniforms for creative, conscious women.
We approach sustainability in many ways: design, fabric choices, sewing techniques, print and dye processes, and packaging.
- We design small collections of wardrobe staples that are intended to be relevant for years to come.
- We choose to work with sturdy fabrics and seam finishes that will increase the durability
and longevity of each garment.
- All of our fabric is organic, fairly traded, sourced from within India and dyed using low impact azo free dyes.
- Our hardware was custom designed in Halifax by local jeweller, Sarah Sears, then cast in brass in Jaipur, it will last forever.
- We choose to design patterns made by hand block printing, which is done by artisans in Sanganer, the knowledge of this traditional craft has been passed down through families within this community for generations.
- All of our tags and packaging are made with recycled materials.
- We source GOTS certified organic fabrics which are fairly traded.
- All of our fabric and hardware and tags are sourced from within India to reduce our carbon footprint.
We are proud to work with a manufacturer that is registered through World Fair Trade Federation, Fair Trade Federation US, and Craftmark (an initiative that helps denote Indian genuine craft).
Please send us an email if you would like to know more about how our manufacturer is complying with the standards of these aforementioned organizations.
Get in touch